Tuesday, January 10, 2012

jell-o

Don't know why i chose that title....I just liked it...Well,Happy new year everyone....Been ages since i posted anything, and that's not a good thing. Been writing a lot though, not for the blog but for other forums and i think i got overwhelmed and abandoned my baby...decided to name my blog Leo, why Leo? coz that's the name i would give my baby boy.....so yeah, this blog is a male...did I just hear you ask why? well, just coz...anyway, am a girl and girls like boys, at least the straight ones do....and am very straight hehe!Anyway, today i interviewed a very influential woman in the religious circles...Yeah, a big name( and they aren't that many in Kenya, so you can take a wild guess as to her identity). She was so nice and witty....i had yet to meet a great pastor, until I met her.Not that i have anything against pastors but well, i can't stand being preached to, except maybe by Joel Osteen...Him because he talks softly, like he is conversing with me, rather than telling me what he thinks is right or wrong.Plus his looks don't hurt.Well, i hate being told what to do...am more of a 'leave me to my own devices' kind of person... But i digress, I loved her, and if i wasn't too hooked to my Catholicism( if that's even a word, but hey, it's my blog) maybe i would consider going to the one she ministers at.
How has your new year been?Mine's been great so far, expecting great stuff.Today has been great too coz my dad called me...I can see your snicker wondering why that is such a big deal....well, if you knew my dad, you would think so too. My dad is an awesome guy. He is the really quiet sort and says nothing if he ain't got anything important to say. In campus, the only time we talked was when i needed money, otherwise he would allow my mum to do all the talking..He's your typical African man, showing his affection on the more practical rather than the words sense...Never heard him say ''I love you" to me or anyone, but I have seen him travel miles to see me do something as mundane as dancing in a kid's singing competition..that means more than words. Never missed a single visiting day in my boarding school life of 8 years....Now that's real love.


I think am blabbing away.....time to get back to work and though this new year i haven't made resolutions, i plan on blogging more, and soon, when my belated Xmas gift arrives, i plan on sharing it with you..


xoxo
kiki.

2 comments:

  1. i wonder why all dads are like dat n at times yu long for the three magical words.i guess dats why we ladies have become mo of lookers to see if we can see the love if we ar'nt told that we r loved.kul stuff kiki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for passing by here beautiful. I sure hope that our kids dads will be ready to show some physical love to the kids.

    ReplyDelete